Have you got involved in a car accident? Are you injured and suffered from it? Then, you better need the help of a skilled lawyer. Mind you it is not a good idea to deal alone in an insurance claim; however, it much depends on the complexity of your accident case.
But those lawyers are not only there to defend you, but they are also capable to gather facts and evidence for your insurance claim. They can also help you obtain the necessary documentation related to your injuries which isn’t always easy to get into your hands.
See below the evidence they gathered in order to help you win your auto accident claim.
1. Details from the scene – anything they collected from the scene can be useful. Details such as vehicle details, contact names and insurance policy numbers are very important. It can be helpful too if yourself have written down the details about what happened. With that information, your lawyer’s job becomes easier.
2. Pictures or Photos from the Scene. Photos are worth a thousand words. Usually, Police investigators take photos for their reports, but you can also provide them as well as your lawyer – that would be better. The lawyer can also obtain this type of evidence, although they can get it from police in charge of the accident, much they preferred to get into the actual scene. For them, an actual scene is worth a thousand pictures.
3. Witness statements – as much as possible a witness is important. A lawyer may of great help in finding witnesses. They often communicate with the investigating police officers and witnesses. They won’t leave the stone unturned helping you get the strong evidence of liability.
4. Medical Records and Bills – this evidence is essential. This may help your lawyer to convey the accident affecting your health and pocket. If you have insurance, therefore your lawyer can help you with an insurance claim.
5. Lost wages – if your ability to work is compromised, make sure to provide your lawyer the documentation showing days of absence or leave. The documents showing your inability to perform a certain task because of injuries, your lawyer will open the communication line with the insurance adjuster.
Lawyers are important and help you to negotiate a settlement. Hard work and negotiation skills are essential especially for auto accident lawyer, so better find one.
Created by Tingey Injury Law Firm