Halitosis can make your life miserable. Nobody would want to talk to someone with bad breath. More so, having it will make you feel anxious whenever you are talking to someone. And because nobody wants that to happen, a lot of mints, gums and mouthwashes are now available. However, what really causes bad breath? This infographic will be of great help.
1. Check on the food that you consume. Onions, garlic, spices and even spicy food can be attributed to having bad breath. So avoid it now!
2. Gum disease can cause bad breath. Where do you get it? From the infamous smoking!
3. Poor dental hygiene is a common cause. Brushing your teeth three times a day may just not enough. You can use dental floss to ensure that no food particles are left behind your teeth.
4. Saliva helps in the cleansing of the mouth but if you experience dry mouth, that means you are not producing enough saliva. Don’t sleep with your mouth open because it contributes to bad breath more.
5. Are you taking medicine? That’s another contributory factor because the medicine is broken down and sends chemical substances through the bloodstream.
6. Infections after teeth removal or surgery can also cause bad breath. You can check your dentist for this matter.
Created By Felt Family Dentistry